Sunday, May 22, 2005

DAB radio broken

I'm slightly annoyed that my DAB radio, which I only bought in September last year, has developed a fault. After only a few minutes, it turns off and won't turn on again. Same fault occurs with Power Supply (which came with unit) or with batteries, which strongly suggests the radio is "Donald Ducked".

< rant >

I guess it's hardly surprising the quality of electronic goods has gone down the bog, over the past few years. If electronics manufacturers insist on closing factories in the UK and Europe, putting experienced technicians out of work, so they can make everything on the cheap in Third World countries by employing 9 year old kids in sweatshops, the quality of the products is bound to suffer innit! The bosses of the electronics multinationals increase their fat cat profits, but the combination of 21st century technology and 19th century working practices, can only end in tears!

< /rant >

On the brighter side, I still have FM and MW reception. And if the mainstream radio stations do my head in with too much rabbit, there's always web radio to listen to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home