Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Hajj FM 87.9 Bradford

Today and yesterday I heard an Asian station on 87.9 FM.

This morning, I heard the station announce as Hajj FM from Bradford, broadcasting to Muslims in Bradford and across West Yorkshire.

Signal in Kippax, near Leeds, is weak but listenable. No RDS or stereo was received though.


Tonight, I left the Kippax area later than average - approx 18:45, in fact - after the work Xmas dinner. As a result, I heard Fresh FM 95.6 on-air (wasn't on air at 16:00), implying they broadcast each evening with longer broadcasting times at weekends.


Heard Bounce FM 88.0 on the way home. Quite strong signal where the M18 meets the M1 at junction 32, which seems to confirm my suspicions that Bounce FM is from the Sheffield area.
Mono only, no RDS. Signal still audible as far as Clowne.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home