Saturday, May 16, 2009

Gizza job

Just been on the Birmingham March for Jobs, called by the Unite union. I have a particular interest in this cause, as I will be laid off from my current job on 30th June :(

Of course, I took my Roberts EcoLogic 1 radio along with me, and logged a number of stations at Centenary Square:

87.7 South Birmingham Community Radio, RSL.
89.1 Aston FM, small community station. RDS = ASTON FM
91.3 Raaj FM, an Asian community radio station. RDS = RAAJ FM , info text was the phone number
92.0 Hot FM, pirate. RDS = www.hot92.net
94.2 Skyline Radio, pirate? Weak, no RDS. Is this the same Skyline Radio which used to broadcast from Wolverhampton in the early 1990's ?
95.1 Kris FM, pirate
98.7 New Style FM, local non-profit community station (similar to Sheffield Live). RDS = NEWSTYLE
101.5 Silk City FM, pirate, with scrolling RDS
107.5 Sting FM, pirate. Strong signal, mono, no RDS

Also of note: heard BBC Radio Stoke on 94.6

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home