Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Y2k Southend video on YouTube

Tower Block Dreams, a series which has been aired on BBC Three TV, has quite a lot of good info/video shots of UK land based pirate radio. Refreshingly, from what I have seen so far at least, it gives a surprisingly fair and factual view of the UK pirate radio scene, often from the point of view of pirate radio presenters themselves.

For those who haven't already seen it live (I didn't for starters!), it is now available on YouTube. Can be found by visiting YouTube and searching for "Tower Block Dreams" (although I initially found it by searching "pirate radio").

The clip I saw first was Southend Pirate Radio Part One, about the Southend-on-Sea (Essex) pirate Y2K FM. According to the programme, Y2K FM reaches as far as East London and Kent - I guess that's not surprising, if they have their antenna on a 80 foot mast on the top of a high tower block!

(I may or may not have heard this station in the past while visiting London, although I'm not really sure - confusingly, there is another station also called Y2K FM from North London.)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home