Sunday, June 12, 2005

Peace to Sheffield Live

At Sheffield's Peace In The Park festival today, a banner was seen advertising the fact that Sheffield Live! Community Radio will be on-air from 16th June, on 87.7. Their website mentions that this will be an RSL (as expected, bearing in mind the frequency).

Peace In The Park is an annual pro-peace and anti-war festival, with music, entertainment for adults and kids, many alternative sales and info stalls, and a lively atmosphere. If you missed it this year, it's well worth going next year!

NB If you plan to park your car in Sheffield, don't make the mistake I did. I parked my car on a multi-storey car park in the city centre, returning at 9pm only to find that the car park had shut at 7pm and my car was locked in (and I was locked out, and had to catch a bus home to Clowne). What's more, it doesn't open again until 7am Monday morning. (Trust me to find one of about 5 businesses in the UK that doesn't open on a Sunday ...). Peace (show 2-findered peace salute) to Peace In The Park, but "peace off" (turn fingers other way round) to bosses of a certain car park!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home